This Is My Solemn Vow



I, xxx, take you, xxx

to be my husband,

to have and to hold, 

from this day forward,

for better, for worse,

for richer, for poorer,

in sickness and in health, 

to love and to cherish,

till death do us part. 

This is my solemn vow.


This is the first public vow before God and man since my baptism. Then, it was me and God. Now, its me with my to-be husband. To be husbanded, and to be a wife... As I think on these words and I can't help thinking how things can and have gone terribly wrong with us and in families all over, I wonder at the fact that we are getting married. 

And yet. We are. By God's grace, we are.

I am thankful that we are :) To walk through life with this person and know he's got your back, even knows you better than yourself at times. To be cared for and cherished, and have someone to care for too. Last but not least, walking this life on earth with its rough-and-tumble with a lighter step. 

and with all that I am,

and all that I have,

I will honour you, 

in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.


 

Comments