新的事将要成就,我们要唱新歌

Usually as years draw to an end, wistfulness and bittersweet memories lead me into a reflective mood. This year has been quite different; as I review the year and FB reminds me that exactly one year ago I was on the plane back to Singapore reading cards from my dear friends, I have a quiet joy. Lord, you have been faithful and good. 
Majodi Centre | Anntic 2016 Unshakeable

Yesterday morning as I nursed a cup of coffee under the vast expanse of cottony clouds, I made a recommitment to God: To continue loving recklessly, enabled by the Spirit. As God is love and I am of God, let me participate in this divine hospitality that condescends to be where we are.
2017 would be a change-filled one, personally and in the ministries I'm in (hopefully). I'm expecting days of intense emotions, of perplexity and of clarity of purpose, of intimacy with God and of temptation towards atheism, of good days and of terrible ones. Through it all, it is well. Indeed, it is well with my soul because it knows the Source of life, the Light of men. 

Resolutions
1. To really consider how I can spur and build my brothers and sisters up in faith and good works- to engage the world for God.
Lesson from Ezra and Nehemiah- do I identify with my community out of love, and build people, or do I bulldoze people in self-righteousness?
2. To continue asking and thinking about how we as Christian students (and extending to working adults soon) should engage the world.
And to do so in trust and good courage, dear Father.
3. To be more intentional in loving my family

Comments