Stand with HK

Stand with HK is something that has been stuck with me in the past few months here. Not in the same meaning that has been used by the protesters, but rather my own making sense of what is happening here to a beloved city I would even call my second home.

Today as I was heading back (early before the bloody clash by yet another providence, otherwise I feel like it would be too much to bear in this time), there were armed policemen at Kowloon Tong MTR. Seeing them was enough to make me feel very tense and troubled- something was going to happen.

Perhaps I am weak (that is what maybe Satan dupes me to believe), so I may try to reason within myself that it is okay, I haven't seen the most violent and inhuman of things.

Going back to Stand with HK, in my stronger moments and at the end of those desperate-despairing 'Maybe I should go home', I feel like bearing witness to this, caring about the people and the city, is what I can do. Actually I can do nothing.
The complexities of politics, the tense social dynamics that finds root in developments I cannot fully understand, comprehending what social justice can look like, on top of struggling with my own anxiety about the PhD and loneliness that comes at inconvenient times. It has sometimes been too much to bear; and yet I am alive.


"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5

I am alive, hanging on, seeing the Light that has not been consumed by darkness. And so I will need to know what is happening, try to understand even as it breaks my heart, makes me anxious, spills over to precious relationship with b0Bear. I cannot do anything apart from Christ, cannot even love a single person.

Typing out this Hillsong lyrics to cling on to:
Soon and very soon,
My King is coming,
Robed in righteousness
And crowned with love
When I see Him
I shall be made be Him
Soon and very soon
 

And another hymn sang in service today that hit me hard, caught me fast:
When I fear my faith will fail, Christ will hold me fast;
When the tempter would prevail, He will hold me fast.
I could never keep my hold through life's fearful path;
For my love is often cold; He must hold me fast.
Hong Kong, beloved city, ä½ čæ˜ę˜Æ很ē¾Žēš„。ę„æ平安åœØ妳里面。


Thankful to have experienced some of your treasures this week- the nature, friendships, culture, hospitality. May God help me, give me strength to love the city. To not falter when trying to do so, to love b0Bear and many others back at home (or even abroad), to point them Home.
Home, I long for home. He will bring me home. 

Comments