野子 // Wild Child

(Title: God redeemed this wild child to be a 野子 for Him)

Uber thankful for this Sabbath where I intentionally went offline though it is tough. So much that God deposited in me through talking to Him, 赞美之泉, reading, and now writing.

Today was a beautiful day in church- warm shalom greetings after service (I chose to sit at the pews though my default is at the side), having kids so engaged as I read this lovely book of prayers, Bible study on Jesus' position on the Sabbath with the girls (I think friendship with Ju is at another level through doing this together), and fellowship with CG peeps.
Pure gold moments :') Where I genuinely feel God's presence in the moment as I share and receive from others.

Anyway, this passage from Platinga's Engaging God's World that pushed me to write:

"Compassion represents the death of our old self, with its emotional stinginess, and the birth of our new self, with its emotional generosity. The compassionate person unites with Jesus Christ in "losing his life to find it" by getting out of his shell and into the full range of the world's joys and sorrows." (p.86-87, emphasis mine)

Somehow God reminded me of my client who is passing into the next life as I read this. I think I haven't considered visiting her because truth be told, I am afraid. Of faith being shaken, having been shaken when aunt passed on in 2017 when I was in Mongolia.

Yet the new self also embodies courage and confidence. Let the old fearful self die. Let this wild child be taken to new adventures, singing new songs unto God- be it through deeper joys or greater sorrows.

Comments