He Speaks to Me Everywhere

Have been thinking in hymns a lot recently.

This is my Father's world. I rest me in the thought!
He helps me to wait patiently for Him to give me what I need, to give us what we need when we are ready. Because I know that His ways are higher than mine, and His love I never can fathom, I know I can trust Abba in His own time and will.

So continue to give me that open handedness Lord.

Of rocks and trees Of skies and seas, His hand the wonders wrought.
A thought that I sometimes feel that I cannot bear: God has given me all these talents and capabilities, that I am doing so much by myself. Will there be someone that can form an effective team to lead us to greater things?

I smile now as I remember how He spoke to me just last week: "I am for you and not against you". Whenever I had an awesome time/day/week, at the back of my mind I am prepping myself for a tough time ahead. Like God is somehow this 'benevolent suffering-generator.

So yes, just like He tested Abraham (Genesis 22) for Abraham himself to be sure of his own faith and trust in God-- I also have become surer that He is my first love through all these.

In the rustling grass I hear Him pass, He speaks to me everywhere.
"You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O LORD." Psalm 139:2-4, NIV

I really love hanging out with my SW friends who are so edifying and so-oft God speaks through them to me. Had the wonderful opportunity to glimpse the trying times in a relationship with different personalities, and also the loving consideration of my dear sister.

And quotes from this Relevant article intervened throughout today as I dealt with trying emotions and group members.

"Actually, all of life is more than we can handle. The point of living in a fallen world is not for us to try really hard to carry our heavy burden, but rather realize we can’t do it alone and surrender to God instead. That’s what faith is all about." 

All of life is more than we can handle. It really just spoke so deep into my heart. 

The battle is not done. Jesus who died shall be satisfied, and earth and heaven be one.

Comments