time

It is an important concept for me. I read somewhere that time does not change us, it merely unfolds us.

While there is some truth in this, I think we are also very much in charge of what to do with our very limited time on earth.

I think part of why I'm perceived to be self-disciplined in my life is because I simply do not want to waste my time on earth.

Which is why I kinda gravitate towards talking about deeper stuff I guess.

Anyway I'm turning 18 come this Friday (reason for that pretty cheesecake you see), and I wanna talk about my flaws.

I think one of my greatest flaws is my self-consciousness. I really hate it when I let how (I perceive) people look at me overwrite how God looks at me. On the surface it doesn't seem like a big deal right. But for me it profoundly influences every thought I think, every word out of my mouth, every action I make. (What an irony right, me writing on a blog which is open to everyone.)

Actually I think this is the root to all my other flaws. The other one that I hate would be how I would think of myself as more righteous or superior and start judging people around me. I think that might partly be to stop people from noticing my self-consciousness. 

Well, there is no conclusion to this. I mean, I will always be flawed, and I sincerely hope that I can remember that everyday with humility, even when a friend said that she found no flaws in me and that I was very kind, even when I am a good daughter (most of the time), even so.

I end this with: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." (Psalm 118:1, NIV)

He is the reason and source of all the good and love and hope in my life.


Comments