Easy peasy brownies



Finally had a chance to bake again. I count licking batter off the spatula one of life's greatest pleasures, and somehow after baking I think things became clearer. And brighter.

Is it the chocolate in the brownies, or the magic of mixing stuff to create something good? Or the joy of taking photos (though I'm still not good at it)?



And I am proud to say that this is my own recipe!

While taking numerous (ugly) shots I discovered the black and white function. (I sound like a bimbo)

Dosen't look too good. Guess food is all about the colours.

Easy peasy brownies

1 cup chopped walnuts
200g unsalted butter
3 0z semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
scant 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Grease a brownie tin.

Stir flour, salt and baking soda together.

Melt butter, then stir in chocolate till a smooth mixture is obtained. Cool till lukewarm.

Add cocoa, then sugar, mixing well.

Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then vanilla extract.

Gently fold in the flour mixture, then the walnuts. Be careful not to overmix.

Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes.

  


Comments