Its been a long time since I baked a cake..

.. And man, I really missed baking.
My precious... Fresh out of the oven.
Here's the recipe. I made it using a 9 inch Bundt pan, 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Lemon essence was my choice of flavor but I guess you can add whatever you want.

 Brown sugar is supposedly healthier than granulated, so I substituted 1/2 cup with it.
And I learnt that sugar can be sifted! Wow. Brown sugar was a torture though.

The meringue's done and not everything is sifted...
'Cept it was a bit dry (might be due to the dragonian strength I used when mixing by hand) when it cooled.




And when they say very stiff meringue, they mean really stiff. Pretty meringues make my day.



For cake flour substitution, go here! I used that method by Joy in this recipe too.

Oh and by the way, I just melted vegetable shortening for the Wesson oil. Since its 'shortening that pours' anyway.


Comments