Almond biscuits

DSCN2466

Confession: I just deleted a recent post. The pictures taken were horrible. It stops there, but I didn't like it. Here's another post on the same thing, except I tweaked it abit. I fought a hard battle with the dough, which either didn't like me or didn't like the extra 60g of flour I added. What a dud. But the taste was okay. Same taste, slightly different texture (not a bad thing), but less oily. Good.


DSCN2469

Either crush 80g of almonds (for people who like labouring for their baked goods like me) or chop 'em finely. Be sure you have some left for garnishing!

DSCN2471

Sift icing sugar and flour into a big mixing bowl. (I doubled the amount to make two batches) Add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
DSCN2472
In goes those almonds. And then the vanilla extract and the butter.

DSCN2475

Cut butter into the mixture first before plunging your hands in.



Now put your hands in. Use your fingers to combine to form a ball of dough.

DSCN2465

Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper, depending on the size of your sheets. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Flatten, then garnish with a whole almond. Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned.

DSCN2485

Almond biscuits      Makes 30
all-purpose flour 120g (this was before I added the extra 30g)
icing sugar 160g
salt 1/4 teaspoon
chopped or crushed almonds 80g
vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
unsalted butter, softened 120g
30 whole almonds

1. Sift flour and icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and almonds, and mix them together.
2. Add in the butter and vanilla essence. Cut butter into the mixture first, before combining them together.
3. Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place them on the lined baking sheets and flatten before placing a whole almond on top.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned.

Hope you try 'em! :)

Comments

Oh how I wish I was not allergic to almond! These sound so great!
kang said…
thanks alot! :)