画蛇添足·

I was journalling this bit of reflection down and thought it would be wise to blog it for easier access- I need to be reminded of this constantly.

That is: Knowing myself, and with people affirming that I am capable, I must never give myself over to the lie that I am of greater worth. 

My worth is not in skill or name
In win or lose, in pride or shame
But in the blood of Christ that flowe
At the cross     

[My Worth Is Not in What I Own]

"According to the bounty of his land, They have embellished his sacred pillars." (Hosea 10:1)

The last thing I want is for my thinking to be so fixed and so closed off to others due to pride that I become like the person I have difficulties with now. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of room for examining my thoughts about this person but that is for another time.

On a brighter and totally different topic- met up with 3 friends from JC today! It was our first meeting together in like 5 years?! I am filled because of how we each in our different spheres of work, are trying to live out our identities as children of God. And also because I can be buay paiseh with them even though we haven't met in awhile hee :')

Reflecting and these kind of conversations give me hope.

Comments