Little Children

I have been realising more and more how much the kindergarten Sunday School has taught me about faith and being. And as I intentionally have some quiet time with God, He linked all these together:

"People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms,placed his hands on them and blessed them." 
Mark 10:13-16 (NIV)

This is a very dear bit of what Jesus said to me because in that few sentences He reminds me that the Father's world does not give a heck about attainment or prestige, but loves the seemingly weak and useless. 

Throwback to today when I taught 2 active boys about physical and emotional hurt (one hit the other because he was making fun of him being short). The one who made the other's teeth hurt had little pride to stop him from saying how he felt to amend the wrong: "I am sorry, can you forgive me?"

(Thinking back at this makes me want to weep.)

And significantly, I want to honour Luke. He was the one who brought me into SS from when he was a hyperactive, bawling boy in N1. Thank you, Lukey dear, you have given me a lot. I enjoy his small warm hands in mine, his random sparks that make me celebrate his growth, my heart melted in those days when he talked to himself to control his stimming. I rejoiced to see him raise his hand (wow he's following the class now!) when teacher asked who believes that God is loving. 

I tell him that God loves him too, and he reminds me that every single person has a unique but equal worth in Him, their Creator God. Thank you Lukey, thank You God.

Comments