The Next Step

It's the third day knowing that I have been accepted into the PhD programme (i.e. I'm getting a bit nervous about having to make a clear decision soon).

I thank God for watercolour; I usually lapse into thinking about God as an impersonal Being, but painting creation- the sky, mountains, seas, vast expanses- helps me to remember again that God knows the whole of me and I know Him too.

18 Jan

站在大海边,才发现自己有多渺小,
而又发现,我是伟大神 拣选的。

19 Jan

往前看那前头的路程
你世世代代做我们的居所
你使人归于尘土
叫我们数算自己的日子
得着智慧的心

It is really amazing looking at this because I'd initially wanted to paint a horse, but screwed up so I had to paint something over it. A tent because I'd just read about Jesus at the Feast of Tabernacles, and also Mongolians use gers.

Later on, next to 奶奶 and thinking about going away, Psalm 90 came to mind. And so this watercolour took on a whole different meaning for me.

Where do I go from here? Pondering on how things will be for my family, a thought which I'm being more convinced of: Maybe there needs to be some massive shake in the system for there to be an opportunity for heart transformation.

Maybe, maybe. Trusting God to help me make that right decision when I have to do it.

28 Feb 2019
Parking this song introduced to me in 2017 here. Spoke to me deeply then, and again today when God reminded me of its existence when struggling with feelings (listened to it at least 5 times today lol). Yet, I also realised that I have grown from how the same song means a different thing to me now. Seeking a greater joy.

God is good :')

Comments