A for Asian

So many stereotypes behind this right.

About to start my last 4 (or 5?) years of studying before I enter the workforce to earn my bread. Really want to make things work. Not just the As but also to find a place in God's kingdom, to make lasting friendships, to reach out to people, to make a difference.

There are times when I feel like I absolutely suck at everything. Then there are times when I feel so good about myself. Hope to find the in-between, and be comfortable with it.

I am probably not a charismatic leader, I am an (extroverted) introvert, I have yet to be able to think fast. I am still grappling with guitar (suspect that my cheap guitar is tripping me), I cannot survive without sleep, I don't take distractions/disturbances well.

In the meantime.. I can think about deep issues. I am becoming comfortable with uncertainty, I can see the complexities of many things. I guess this helps me to empathize with people. I am quite a decent baker (nothing to shout about but at least I have some good stuff up my sleeve).


^ Butter cake and carrot (cup)cake with lemon sand-- ran out of icing sugar so forced to use granulated sugar instead but was too lazy to pulverize it. Result: grainy icing :/

Oh and back to A for Asian. Hopefully I will be able to break out of my many stereotypes through the myriad of characters I meet in university!

Comments