?



I think I have anger/frustration/irritation issues.


Today I was going home and there was this guy that sang out loud and his voice was actually not bad but I was just so darn irritated I felt like clawing at him.


I always feel like my heart is being twisted when I feel this way.


I feel so angry/frustrated when I know that my friends are living lives of a diminished quality and this seems to show that I am controlling and demanding.


Oh to be able to have that love and restraint that springs from it Jesus has, who being in the nature God with all power, held back again and again so that we can have the abundant life we were made for.


For " Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (NIV 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7)


I felt a sense of frustration reading Today newspaper just now. It was reports on Section 377a, how some churches in Singapore spoke out against it. I just read Yancey's The Jesus I Never Knew on Sunday and in the concluding chapter he talked about how the church as a whole has failed to love.


" I view with amazement Jesus' uncompromising blend of graciousness toward sinners and hostility toward sin, because in much of church history I see virtually the opposite. We give lip service to "hate the sin while loving the sinner," but how well do we practice this principle?"


" Nowadays many of the same Christians who hotly condemn homosexuality, which Jesus did not mention, disregard his straightforward commands against divorce." (It is mentioned elsewhere in the Bible though)


Just now I did not hear my dad say 'Sorry' to mum for the harsh words said and I was unforgiving and frustrated, because I know I don't say it easily too and that is all the more reason to be understanding instead of just feeling angry and not doing anything about it.






Comments