Today I saw

Today I saw someone that reminded me of myself. So self-conscious was she that I really wanted to say "Its okay, don't worry."

Somehow beneath my egocentric thoughts of how I have above average looks and a reasonably good-to-be-with character, sometimes (more often now) I find myself thinking how terribly boring I am with nothing interesting to talk about, or how I can't seem to express what I want to say exactly the way I want it or how I feel like I'm just some quiet girl in the class, not to be missed if one day she was absent.

And then it got me thinking about how the world perceives beauty. Why in the world did we torture ourselves by setting goals for one to become aesthetically pleasing? And along with it stereotypes? Perhaps the emotions from what I saw are a stereotype themselves, because didn't I somehow associate her with low self-esteem?

I guess what I want to say is that, how ever hard it may seem (and how ever hackneyed it may sound), eaach has to believe in what they're worth. Seriously. The 14 year old me wrote to me that I am a witty, spunky girl that can shoot for the sun! I hope I can always believe that.

Comments