Shortbread Failure

DSCN2638

In the same way I was so enamoured by scones after reading Enid Blyton (the kids in her books always had scones with jam), I was smitten with shortbread after coming across the many raves in recipe books about them.

So off I went, armed with a self-written recipe and much bravado. (Considering how this was my first time making it.. I based my ingredients-ratio on Marks and Spencer's shortbread)

DSCN2645
Yeah, severe overcrowding

The taste was fine. The buttery smell that wafted out of the oven was simply amazing.

BUT... I just held it for 10 seconds
DSCN2653

And it was so soft,
shortbread
Mebbe I put too much rice flour/corn flour

I might consider following the tried-and-tested, realiable recipes in the books.

                                                           ... ...
Here I take the chance to show off some of the nicer photos I took during Mid- Autumn.
DSCN2616

DSCN2605
Not a full moon yet (didn't go on the actual Mid-Autumn Festival)  but beautiful enough..

DSCN2601

DSCN2595

Have a great weekend! :)

Love, Kang Li

Comments